Homespot: Oostende
Favorite Spot: Viana do Castelo
Favorite Brand: Eleveight
Kite-Range: WS6, WS8, RS10, RS17
High-Y Bars VS Low-V Bars

Post by Fabian »

KIte-Control-Systems-High-V-VS-Low-V.jpg

Image provided by KitesurfingMag

In general you can fly every kite with every bar and the other way around but it’s not recommended. If you try to fly a kite with a bar which is not recommended for the kite take care, that you at least use the following Formula:

The bar needs to have the capability to move upward along the safety line for a minimum of one kite span from the power trim, enabling the kite to significantly reduce its power (See Image d1 has to be greater or equal to d2).

[attachment=0]Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 21.59.01.png]

Image provided by IKO

Anyway, I suggest testing the quick release at the beach in a controlled environment (where no person is downwind from you) to ensure the kite flags out correctly.

Re-ride Systems: How does it work?
► Show more

Remember: Some bars must only be used with the corresponding kites from the same manufacturer. These are not functional with other kites.
Some bars have a safety system called mini 5th line that pulls on both of the front lines at the same time. The IKO strongly recommends that kiters do not use these bars /brands for their kiteboarding practice, as the kite will still have a lot of power, even after the safety system has been activated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoying the content?
Help keep my caffeine buzz alive! Buy me a coffee!🤙