Photographer
Main Sport: Kitesurfing
Homespot: Oostende
Favorite Spot: Viana do Castelo
Favorite Brand: Eleveight
Kite-Range: WS6, WS8, RS10, RS17
[South Africa] Mobile Internet

Post by Fabian »

If you are addicted to the internet like me, need to use your phone for navigation or to work, you will undoubtedly require mobile data volume for your smartphone, tablet, etc.

Where to buy:
Fortunately, South Africa offers robust networks that remain active even during load shedding. The easiest way is to purchase a prepaid card directly upon your arrival at Cape Town International Airport in the Arrival Terminal.

Immediately after the luggage claim, once you have passed through customs, you will find counters for MTN and Vodafone, the two largest service providers in South Africa.

Please note that these counters may not always be open, especially if your flight arrives early in the morning. In such cases, check if the Vodacom-Store in the Domestic-Flight-Area is open. Before exiting the building toward the rental car providers, continue straight, and the store will be on the left side after approximately 50-100m.

Vodacom Prepaid Data Plans 1,40€ - 48,00€ (As of 04.01.24)
MTN Prepaid Data Plans 10,53€ - 19,53€ (As of 04.01.24)

Vodacom.PNG
MTN.PNG

Recharge:
You can recharge your prepaid plans at any MTN/Vodacom store or by creating an online account on the respective website.

Recommendation:
For our stays in South Africa, we have consistently chosen Vodacom and have never encountered any network issues in Cape Town or along the Garden Route. I have always recharged the plan at a Vodacom store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoying the content?
Help keep my caffeine buzz alive! Buy me a coffee!🤙