Main Sport: Other Sports
Homespot: Guincho
Favorite Spot: Viana do Castelo
Favorite Brand: Eleveight, Fatum
[Portugal] Campsite Orbitur - Viana do Castelo

Post by Hannah »

Orbitur-Viana-Banner.png

Description:
The ORBITUR Viana do Castelo is located directly at Praia do Cabedelo, next to the city of Viana do Castelo in northern Portugal.

ORBITUR Viana do Castelo is one of the few campsites in Portugal situated right next to a watersport spot, making it particularly attractive for watersport enthusiasts.

Compared to other campsites in Portugal, this one is definitely on the pricier side. If you decide to stay here, be aware that you are primarily paying for the location. The campsite and its infrastructure are outdated and should have been renovated ten years ago.

What makes this campsite special is the community that visits year after year. It's a place where friendships are formed. Kids quickly connect with other kids, and you'll find yourself surrounded by like-minded people.

If you ask me whether I recommend the campsite itself, I would say no. However, if you ask whether I recommend staying there, my answer is 100% yes! The unique combination of proximity to the watersport spot, the vibrant community, and the charming city of Viana do Castelo makes it a special place.

Location Plan & Prices:
Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 12.39.52.png
Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 12.31.08.png
Current price list

Infrastructure:
IMG_1944.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg
IMG_1620.jpeg

Toilets and Shower:
As mentioned above, the infrastructure is in poor condition. The staff only ensures that the buildings are cleaned and maintained as best as they can. I don't mind if something is new or old, but I can't understand why a campsite that is closed for at least five months a year doesn't repair issues like loose tiles in the showers.
IMG_8480.jpeg
IMG_8485.jpeg

ORBITUR Viana do Castelo

Photos:

Feel free to share your experience and reply to my post!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoying the content?
Throw some coins my way so I can upgrade my coffee to a beer! 🍻